Penne with Fresh Cherry Tomatoes and Basil
This simple and colorful pasta dish combines penne with luscious ripe cherry tomatoes, garlic, fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.
1 (16-ounce) box Barilla Whole Grain Penne
5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil - divided use
1 clove garlic
1 pint (3 cups) cherry tomatoes, halved
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
4 basil leaves
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat half of olive oil in medium-sized skillet. Using the side of a knife, gently press and peel garlic clove and sauté in skillet for 1 minute.
- Add cherry tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and sauté for additional 3 minutes.
- Remove garlic from skillet.
- Drain pasta, add to skillet. Toss with remaining olive oil, basil and cheese before serving.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Recipe created by By Chef Lorenzo Boni.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Barilla America.