Pineapple-Raisin Fried Rice
Recipe courtesy of California Raisin Marketing Board.
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
1 cup diced pineapple
1 1/2 cups cooked jasmine or glutinous rice
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1/2 cup California raisins
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Heat medium-large wok or non-stick pan until hot.
- Add olive oil, garlic and gingerroot, stirring constantly.
- Next, add pineapple and sauté lightly.
- Then, stir in cooked rice, sesame oil, raisins and soy sauce; sauté until lightly crisp.
- Sprinkled with chopped chives and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 260; Total Fat: 11g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Total Carbs: 38g; Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 19g; Protein: 3g; Sodium: 280mg; Potassium: 236mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Raisin Marketing Board.