Polenta with Pesto Havarti
Grilled slices of polenta are served topped with pesto-flavored havarti cheese.
1 quart water or chicken stock
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 clove fresh garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Wisconsin Pesto Havarti or Monterey Jack cheese
Salad garnish or dressing of your choice
- In a 2 quart saucepan, add the cold water and cornmeal. Bring to a gentle boil, reduce the heat and cook about 10 minutes.
- While the polenta is cooking, rub the inside of a 1 quart loaf pan with garlic. Brush with the olive oil. Set aside.
- Add butter to the cornmeal mixture; stir in the cheese. Pour into the loaf pan. Cool thirty minutes at room temperature, then refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Unmold, slice and grill after brushing with a little herb oil.
- Serve with the salad of your choice and grilled tomato topped with a little sprinkling of shredded Wisconsin Havarti with Pesto.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.