Quick and Healthy Microwave Mashed Potatoes
This quick and delicious potato dish is packed with potassium.
1 1/4 pounds russet potatoes (red, white or yellow-fleshed potatoes can be substituted)
1/2 cup each: nonfat plain yogurt and fat-free milk
1 1/2 tablespoons healthy butter spread
1/4 teaspoon sea salt (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic or seasoned salt)
Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place whole potatoes (do not poke potatoes) into microwave-safe dish. Cover dish. (If covering dish with plastic wrap, poke small hole in plastic.)
- Microwave on high for 10 to 12 minutes depending on strength of microwave.
- Use oven mitts to remove dish from microwave; carefully remove cover and mash well.
- Stir in yogurt, milk, butter spread and seasonings.
- Cook for a minute or two more to heat if necessary.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of www.potatogoodness.com; through ARA Content.