Roasted Rosemary Red-Skinned Idaho® Potatoes
Recipe courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission.
1/2 pound shallots, peeled
6 medium red-skinned Idaho® potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds), scrubbed
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons dried rosemary, crushed
1 tablespoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Cut scrubbed potatoes in quarters lengthwise, then into 1 1/2-inch chunks. Place potato chunks into a gallon-sized, zip-top plastic bag.
- To the bag, add the remaining ingredients (except for Parmesan). Close bag and shake to coat potatoes with the seasonings and oil.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Pour potatoes onto the baking sheet.
- Bake potatoes for 15 minutes, then remove them from the oven and flip and stir them with a metal spatula. Return potatoes to the oven for another 10 minutes, then repeat the flipping and stirring. Return them to the oven for a final 10 minutes of cooking and browning.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 272; Total Fat: 7g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Total Carbs: 49g; Protein: 5g; Sodium: 256mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission.