Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Roasted sweet potato spears, optionally
sprinkled with cayenne pepper, are served with a tropical pineapple
Roasted Sweet Potato
Spears with Pineapple Salsa
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
- Cooking oil spray
- Cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
- Pineapple Salsa:
- 1 (8-ounce) can unsweetened pineapple
chunks with juice
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup fine diced onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped flat Italian parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Wash and dry sweet potatoes. Cut each
potato lengthwise into 8 wedges.
- Spray a baking sheet (one with sides)
lightly with cooking oil spray.
- Arrange potato wedges in a single layer
on the cookie sheet and place in the center of the oven.
- Bake 15 minutes, turn wedges over, bake
15 more minutes or until fork-tender and golden brown.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and cayenne
pepper, if desired. Transfer to platter and spoon salsa over
wedges. Serve immediately.
- For the Pineapple Salsa: Pour the pineapple
chunks and their juice into a non-reactive bowl (if the chunks
are large, cut them in half). Stir in the red bell pepper, onion,
parsley and lemon juice. Add a pinch of salt to taste. Chill.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe courtesy of North Carolina Sweetpotato
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.