Savory New Potatoes
Serve these uniquely flavored, festive potatoes as a side dish or as an appetizer.
3 pounds new potatoes, 1 to 1 1/2-inches in diameter
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Wisconsin Swiss cheese
1 cup (4 ounces) finely chopped pastrami or corned beef
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
Fresh dill weed (if desired)
- Boil potatoes until tender; cool slightly. Cut each potato in half. Scoop out centers, leaving 1/4 inch shell; reserve.
- Combine butter, cheese, pastrami, milk and scooped potato pulp until smooth and blended. Refill potato halves with mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Mix together mayonnaise and mustard. Top each potato with small dollop of mustard mixture, and garnish with dill.
Makes about 42 potato halves.
- Using a melon baller to scoop the potatoes makes this recipe even easier to prepare.
- Substitute the pastrami or corned beef with ham or sautéed vegetables such as onions and colorful bell peppers.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.