Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Seasoned roasted red peppers, mushrooms,
sweet potatoes, corn and garlic are tossed with couscous and
black beans in an orange-chili-cumin dressing. This tasty dish
does double-duty as both a hearty side dish or as a satisfying
meatless main dish.
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 2/3 cup canned chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups diced sweet potatoes (yams)
- 1 (11-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and
- Chili Dressing (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a medium pot, bring broth and olive
oil to a boil. Gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat,
cover and let stand 5 to 7 minutes. Fluff with fork and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine red bell pepper, mushrooms,
sweet potatoes, corn, garlic, chili powder, cumin and salt and
pepper in a large bowl, mixing well.
- Arrange vegetable mixture on a baking
sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes
or until veggies are roasted.
- Combine couscous, roasted vegetables,
green onions, and beans in a large bowl. Toss with Chili Dressing
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- Chili Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Whisk together orange juice, olive oil,
balsamic vinegar, chili powder and cumin in a bowl.
Created by Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission
spokesperson, Holly Clegg.
Recipe provided courtesy of Lousiana Sweet
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.