A Southern favorite, spoonbread is given a boost of extra flavor and nutrition with the addition of chopped spinach.
1 (9-ounce) package frozen onions in cream sauce
1 (10-ounce) package chopped spinach
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup sour cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (8-ounce) package corn muffin mix
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Prepare onions according to directions; set aside.
- Cook spinach; drain well.
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Pour into greased 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Vermont Cheese Council.