Super Whipped Potatoes
Cream-style cottage cheese and buttery, sautéed garlic put the 'super' in these tasty whipped potatoes.
1 pound (about 5 medium) russet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
4 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup milk
1 cup cream-style large curd cottage cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook potatoes in salted boiling water for 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
- Melt butter in saucepan, sauté garlic 3 minutes.
- Add milk. When hot, return potatoes to pan. Remove from heat.
- Whip potato-garlic mixture until light and fluffy. Beat in cheese.
- Serve piping hot with additional butter if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.