Sweet Potato & Pumpkin Casserole
Savor the warmth of this sweet and comforting casserole. Featuring a combination of sweet potatoes and pumpkin, this holiday dish is sure to become a family favorite. It not only tastes great, but you're also getting a nutritious boost from the addition of pumpkin.
4 pounds sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 2 to 3-inch pieces
1 (15-ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 large eggs
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon butter, melted
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Casserole: Place potatoes on microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Cool slightly; place in large bowl. Add pumpkin, sugar, butter, salt and pepper. With potato masher, smash until lumpy (cut any large pieces of skin into smaller pieces). Add eggs; smash until incorporated. Spoon into 13x9x2-inch or 3-quart baking dish.
- For Topping: Combine sugar, flour, butter and salt in small bowl; stir until combined. Sprinkle evenly over casserole; top evenly with nuts.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and heated through. Remove from oven.
- Preheat broiler. Broil casserole for 1 minute or until bubbly and nuts are toasted. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 18 (1/2 cup) servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/18 of recipe): Calories: 170 Calories from Fat: 50 Total Fat: 6 g Saturated Fat: 2 g Cholesterol: 30 mg Sodium: 180 mg Carbohydrates: 28 g Dietary Fiber: 4 g Sugars: 12 g Protein: 3 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.