Sweet Potatoes with Cherry Glaze
Baked sweet potato halves topped with a sweet cherry glaze and a garnish of sliced green onion.
2 medium sweet potatoes (7 to 8-ounces each)
2 tablespoons frozen cherry juice concentrate (undiluted)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1 green onion, sliced
- Scrub potatoes and halve lengthwise; do not peel. Spray a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place potatoes, cut-side down, in pan.
- Bake in a preheated 400°F (205°C) oven 30 to 40 minutes, or until almost tender.
- Stir together cherry juice concentrate (undiluted), brown sugar, butter and ginger. Turn potatoes cut-side up and brush with cherry mixture.
- Bake 5 to 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Sprinkle with green onion. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the Cherry Marketing Institute.