Three Vegetable Bake
This easy-to-prepare, baked vegetable side dish is sure to get rave reviews.
3 cups coarsely chopped red or other waxy potatoes (3 medium)
1 cup peeled and coarsely chopped parsnip (1 medium)
3 cups fresh broccoli and/or cauliflower florets
3 tablespoons butter - divided use
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 (12-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
1 MAGGI® Vegetable Bouillon Cubes
1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- Microwave potatoes and parsnip in covered, medium microwave-safe casserole dish on HIGH (100%) power for 9 minutes; drain. Return to dish; top with broccoli.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Gradually stir in evaporated milk, bouillon and pepper; cook stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until bouillon is dissolved and sauce is slightly thickened. Pour sauce over vegetables.
- Microwave remaining butter in small, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 10 to 20 seconds or until melted. Stir in bread crumbs until combined. Sprinkle over vegetables; cover.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake for additional 10 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.