Vegetable Bouquet with Asiago Crumb Streusel
A garden bouquet of crisp-tender vegetables seasoned with butter, lemon juice, garlic and hot pepper sauce, and topped with an asiago cheese and bread crumb streusel.
2 1/4 pounds of fresh vegetables, such as green beans, carrots, Brussels sprouts, broccoli florets, or cauliflorets
3 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 large clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/2 cup unseasoned dry bread crumbs
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Wisconsin Asiago cheese
1/4 cup minced parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Trim and slice or cut vegetables as desired.
- In covered saucepan, cook each vegetable separately in small amount of boiling water until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In small skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add lemon juice, garlic and hot pepper sauce. Cook over low heat 2 minutes. Add bread crumbs, stirring frequently until lightly browned. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese and parsley.
- Arrange vegetables on ovenproof platter. Spoon cheese mixture over and between vegetables. Cover platter tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.