Vegetable Medley Italiano
A medley of sautéed vegetables, broccoli florets, sliced zucchini, red bell pepper and onion strips, seasoned with garlic and fresh basil, and sprinkled with a buttery cracker crumb and mozzarella cheese topping.
3 cups broccoli florets
2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 medium onion, cut into strips
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
3 tablespoons butter - divided use
20 Ritz™ crackers, crushed (about 1 cup)
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella or other favorite cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook the broccoli, zucchini, pepper, onion, garlic, and basil in 1 tablespoon butter until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon the mixture into a 2-quart casserole.
- Melt the remaining butter. In a medium bowl, combine the crackers, cheese, and melted butter. Sprinkle evenly over the vegetable mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until the vegetables are hot and the cheese melts.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.