Walnut Broccoli Casserole
A tasty, creamy chopped broccoli and stuffing casserole with crunchy walnuts.
2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons chicken-flavored base (or granules)
2 cups milk
1 2/3 cups water
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 (6-ounce) package herb-seasoned stuffing mix
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Arrange chopped broccoli in a lightly greased 10 x 6 x 2-inch baking dish and set aside.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour and chicken base, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Pour mixture evenly over broccoli.
- Combine water and 3 tablespoons butter in a saucepan; cook over low heat until butter melts. Stir in stuffing mix and chopped walnuts. Spoon mixture on top of sauce.
- Bake in preheated oven, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.