Whipped Sweet Potatoes with Crumb Topping
Thick and creamy, pumpkin-pie-spiced whipped sweet potatoes with a crunchy cornflake and pecan crumb topping.
2 pounds red-skinned sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1 large egg
6 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups cornflakes, crushed
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Grease a 8x8x2-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Cook sweet potatoes in large pot of boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain; transfer potatoes to large bowl and add butter.
- Using electric mixer, beat until smooth. Add egg, sugar, spice and salt; beat to blend.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Bake potatoes until beginning to brown around edges and slightly puffed, about 25 minutes.
- Prepare Topping: Mix together all ingredients in medium bowl. Spoon topping evenly over potatoes. Return to oven and bake until golden brown and crisp, about 10 minutes longer.
Makes 6 servings.