Yam Mallow Pecan Crisp
Tender chunks of yam (sweet potatoes) baked in a buttery orange syrup, topped with pecan streusel and miniature marshmallows. A classic side dish for the holiday table.
A Family-Favorites Recipe.
2 (28-ounce) cans yams, drained
1 cup orange juice
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
1/2 cup cold butter
1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place drained yams into greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Pour orange juice over yams, sprinkle with sugar and dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, pecans, salt and butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over yam mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle top with marshmallows, return to oven and bake for 3 or 4 minutes, or until marshmallows have puffed up and turned lightly golden. Watch closely!
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): 340.5 calories; 29% calories from fat; 11.7g total fat; 25.4mg cholesterol; 176.6mg sodium; 349.3mg potassium; 57.4g carbohydrates; 4.0g fiber; 37.8g sugar; 53.3g net carbs; 3.0g protein.