An English side dish that is
traditionally served with beef, but don't let the name fool you!
It isn't pudding, it's a delicious, moist and savory muffin!
- 1 tablespoon chives,chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon thyme
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Chop chives and combine with flour, salt
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and milk.
- Gradually add the milk mixture to the
flour mixture. Mix until batter is smooth (refrigerate up to
1 hour, if desired).
- Butter the bottoms of a muffin pan and
then fill each one halfway with batter.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 18 minutes
or until puffed and golden.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and video provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv.
Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.