Zesty Zucchini Boats
Zucchini shells are filled with a mixture of sautéed zucchini, celery, green bell pepper and onion, topped with Swiss cheese and baked.
3 medium zucchini
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Wisconsin Baby Swiss cheese
Paprika for sprinkling (optional)
- Trim ends of zucchini; cut in half lengthwise.
- In large covered skillet cook zucchini, celery, green pepper and onion in 3/4 cup water about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Scoop out centers of zucchini, leaving 1/4 inch shell.
- Chop center portion and mix with celery, green pepper, onion and garlic powder.
- Fill zucchini shells with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle each shell with cheese.
- Broil shells 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.