Cooked, crisp-tender slices of zucchini are combined with a simple cheddar cheese and yogurt mixture and topped with bacon crumbles and bread croutons.
4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
3/4 cup (6 ounces) shredded Wisconsin Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 large egg, beaten
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/4 cup croutons
3 strips bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- Cook zucchini until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Stir together cheese, yogurt, egg and flour.
- Gently stir in zucchini.
- Turn into buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle top with croutons and bacon.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 30 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.