Asian-Style Salmon Noodle Soup
A can of salmon and a package of ramen noodles are the base ingredients for a quick and easy Asian-style soup.
1 (14.75-ounce) can salmon
1 cup thinly sliced carrots
1 (3-ounce) package ramen noodle soup
2 cups trimmed pea pods
4 green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- Drain and flake salmon, set aside.
- Bring 5 cups water to boil in a large saucepan. Add carrots and bring to a boil.
- Break ramen noodles into 4 pieces and drop into water. Simmer 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir in peas, onions, garlic, ginger and salmon. Simmer 1 1/2 minutes.
- Gently stir in remaining ingredients, including seasoning package and serve.
Makes 4 servings.