Cheddar Cheese Soup
A superb, deliciously creamy cheddar cheese soup with a hint cayenne.
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
3 cups chicken broth or 2 (10.75-ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
3 cups half-and-half (light cream)
4 cups finely shredded Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar cheese
Dash cayenne pepper
- Sauté onion in butter over medium heat.
- Blend together flour and milk. Gradually stir into onion and cook 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and half-and-half (light cream). Heat to boiling.
- Gradually add cheese, stirring constantly, until melted.
- Stir in cayenne pepper. Serve hot.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.