Extra smooth and creamy cheese soup with American processed cheese and bits of carrot, celery and onion.
1/4 cup butter
1 cup carrots, cut in 1/4 inch slices
1/2 cup celery, cut in 1/4 inch dice
1/3 cup onions, chopped
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 1/2 cups water
2 teaspoons chicken base
1/4 teaspoon paprika
Dash white pepper
1 1/4 cups shredded Wisconsin American cheese
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Melt butter; sauté carrots, celery and onions until tender.
- Gradually add flour; stir with heavy whip until smooth, but not browned, approximately 10 minutes.
- Gradually add milk and water to vegetable mixture, stirring constantly until smooth and thickened.
- Add chicken base and spices; stir to combine.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese and parsley.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.