Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
A simple and tasty Italian-style chicken
stew with raviolini (small or miniature ravioli). It may be more
economical to use a stewing chicken for preparing this recipe
instead of the chicken wings with today's popularity of chicken
- 12 chicken wings (2 1/2 pounds), wing
tips removed if desired
- Water, as needed
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 ounces cheese raviolini*, cooked and
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place chicken wings in 6-quart saucepan
with enough water to cover by 1-inch. Add celery, onion, bay
leaf, basil, sage, salt and pepper. Bring to boil over medium-high
heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 25 minutes.
- Add cooked raviolini and serve.
- To serve, ladle soup into serving bowl
and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Makes 4 servings.