Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Chinese cabbage soup with pork and fen
szu (cellophane noodles).
Chinese Cabbage Soup
- 1/2 ounce dried shrimp
- 1/2 ounce fen szu (cellophane noodles)
- 1 Napa cabbage, about 2 pounds, washed
and sliced thin
- 1/2 pound pork loin or shoulder, sliced
thinly across the grain
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger root, peeled
and finely minced
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- Rinse dried shrimp. Drain. Soak in hot
- Soak fen szu separately in hot water for
- Heat oil in saucepan until hot; add pork
slices and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes, or until browned
and no longer pink.
- Add dried shrimp with their soaking water,
drained fen szu, soy sauce, ginger,
3 cups boiling water, salt. Bring to boil again. Add cabbage
and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Just before serving add sherry and bring
to a boil again. Serve hot.