Cioppino with Lobster
"Cioppino — Great for the holidays! From my friend Mia Foy." Recipe submitted by Jacqueline Lageson of Beaverton, Oregon.
1 pound haddock or halibut fillets, cut into bite sizes
1 pound small scallops
1 pound shrimp
1/2 cup chopped green or red bell pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 (28-ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
1 (28-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon crushed dried basil
1/8 teaspoon black ground pepper
1 cup dry red wine
24 clams in shell, or 2 (7.5-ounce) cans
1 pound frozen lobster tail, partially thawed
- In Dutch oven, cook peppers, onion and garlic in olive oil until tender, about 5 minutes but not brown.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, parsley, salt, oregano, basil and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add wine and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
- Add lobster tail (cut shell into serving size). cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add fish, scallops and shrimp.; cut fish into bite-size pieces. ( Cut scallops in half if large)
cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add clams in shell--continue simmering until the shells open --approximately 5 minutes. (Discard any that do not open.)
- Serve in soup bowls.
Makes 8 servings.