A delicious recipe compliments of Redi-Base, 'The Professional Soup Base For The Home Cook'.
1 (3-pound) broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 large onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 (16-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
1 tablespoon Chicken Redi-Base
1/4 cup raisins
1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds
Cooked rice as accompaniment
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Coat chicken with flour.
- Heat oil in skillet and cook chicken over medium heat until brown, about 15 to 20 minutes. Place chicken in ungreased casserole.
- Drain fat from skillet. Add curry, thyme, black pepper, onion, green pepper, garlic, tomatoes and Redi-Base to skillet. Break up tomato, heat until boiling and stir frequently. Pour over chicken. Cover and bake until thickest piece of chicken is done, about 40 minutes.
- Add raisins and bake another 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with almonds and serve with rice.
Makes 8 servings.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with grated fresh coconut and chutney, if desired.
Recipe used with permission by the Redi-Base Soup & Sauce Company; www.redibase.com.