Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
8 ounces crabmeat, white and brown
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1/2 cup rice, uncooked
10 ounces fish or chicken stock (1 1/4 cups)
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not allow to burn.
- Stir in the rice and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the fish stock and milk and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the rice and vegetables are cooked.
- Purée the soup in a blender. Return to the pan and stir in the crabmeat and fish sauce. Heat gently for about 5 minutes, taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 300; Total Carbs: 24g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 18g.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.