Cream of Brie Soup
Rich, smooth and silky cream of Brie soup.
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup sliced celery
4 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
2 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon chicken base or bouillon granules
12 ounces Brie cheese, diced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a kettle sauté chopped onion and sliced celery in butter until soft. Stir in flour.
- Remove from the heat and stir in milk, chicken broth, and chicken base; mix well. Return to the heat and simmer, stirring, until the soup thickens.
- Add diced Brie cheese and stir until melted.
- Transfer the soup to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Return to kettle and gently heat through.
Makes 6 servings