Cream of Broccoli Soup
Broccoli is the star of the this flavorful and easy to make soup.
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups chicken broth
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup milk
- Sauté finely chopped onion in butter over high heat in a saucepan, about 3 minutes, or until soft.
- Add flour and cook stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Gradually add chicken broth, stirring until well blended.
- Add chopped frozen broccoli, tarragon, garlic powder, thyme, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.
- Add milk and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Process in a blender in batches until smooth.
- Return to the saucepan and heat through.
Makes 4 servings