Cream of Idaho® Potato & Celery Root Soup
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jim Blake of the Big Fish in Detroit, Michigan.
5 ounces Idaho® dehydrated potato flakes
1/2 cup chopped onions
6 tablespoons sliced leeks
1 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 cup celery root
4 cups chicken stock or broth
2 tablespoons dry white wine
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup half-and-half
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup sour cream
- Sauté onions and leeks in olive oil.
- Add dehydrated potatoes, celery root, chicken stock, white wine and mustard.
- Bring to a boil. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Purée mixture (strain if necessary). Whisk in half-and-half and heavy cream.
- Simmer for 10 minutes. (Check thickness - should coat the back of spoon).
- Add sour cream and check seasoning.
- Garnish as desired.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission.