Curried Carrot and Mascarpone Soup
This soup has a definite kick of spice, reduce the amount of curry paste if a milder flavor is preferred. Recipe by Chef Michael Symon.
2 shallots, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
Sea salt, to taste
12 ounces (about 5) carrots, peeled and chopped
1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste*
3 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 (8-ounce) container mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- Place the shallots and garlic in olive oil in a deep saucepan, and lightly salt. Cover and cook gently for 3 to 4 minutes until limp but now brown.
- Add the carrots and continue to cook, covered, for 10 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Add the curry paste and chicken stock, and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- Remove the soup from the heat and pour into a blender beaker or food processor bowl; blend until smooth. Return to the heat and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in the mascarpone cheese. Serve immediately in soup bowls.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.