Flavorful Pork Stew
Familiar ingredients conspire to create an exotic tasting yet comforting stew. Serve with hot cooked egg noodles and crusty French bread.
1 pound boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups water - divided use
3/4 teaspoon curry powder
1 1/2 cups celery pieces
12 pitted prunes
2 1/2 cups cooked cauliflowerets, drained
- Blend flour, salt and pepper. Dredge pork in flour mixture; reserve excess flour mixture.
- Brown pork in oil in a large skillet. Add 1 cup water, cover tightly and cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder. Add celery; cover and continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- Combine reserved flour with remaining 1/4 cup water, mixing well. Stir into pork mixture; add prunes and continue cooking for 15 minutes, until meat and celery are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir cauliflower into pork mixture and heat through.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.