Grouper Thai Curry Bisque
Recipe courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.
4 tablespoons olive oil
4 (6-ounce) grouper fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
5 cloves garlic, peeled and coarse chopped
1 cup shallots, thinly sliced
4 small dried red chiles
2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
1 large fennel bulb, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 tablespoon Thai green curry paste
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
4 cups bottled clam juice or chicken broth
2 limes, juiced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped for garnish
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over moderately high heat. Add grouper pieces and sauté until just browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the garlic cloves and shallots to the pan; cook over moderately high heat until softened, 3 to 5 minutes Add the chiles, ginger, fennel, carrots and curry paste. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and clam juice or broth and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat, stirring a few times, until the carrots are tender, about 10 minutes longer.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Add the grouper and lime juice; cover and simmer over low heat 5 to 7 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro; serve hot.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 280; Calories From Fat: 119; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 58mg; Total Carbs: 10g; Protein: 30g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.