Hearty and Heart Healthy Potato Stew
Recipe courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission.
2 pounds Idaho Potatoes, scrubbed and cut in 1/2-inch cubes (about 5 cup)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped onions
1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
1 (46-ounce) can low-sodium chicken broth
2 cups shredded, cooked turkey
3 cups chopped frozen mixed vegetables, thawed or 4 cup cooked vegetables
- In heavy soup pot, heat oil on medium-high and stir in onions. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes or until onions are well browned and caramelized.
- Add potatoes, dried tomatoes and broth.
- Bring to boil and cook covered for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add turkey and vegetables, return to boil and cook 6 to 8 minutes.
- Garnish with freshly ground pepper.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission.