Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
A hearty Italian chicken and vegetable
soup with zucchini, carrots, green bell pepper, onion, garlic
and cheese ravioli.
Italian Chicken Soup
with Cheese Ravioli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons anise seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh cheese ravioli
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for accompaniment
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium
heat. Add bell pepper, onion, garlic, basil, anise seeds and crushed red pepper and sauté until
vegetables are just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add broth. Cover pot and simmer 10 minutes.
Add zucchini and carrot. Cover and simmer until
carrot is almost tender, about 5 minutes. Increase heat to high
and bring soup to boil. Add ravioli
and boil until tender, about 5 minutes. Add chicken and cook
just until heated through, about 1
minute. Season soup with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Serve, passing