Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
This hearty Italian meatball and vegetable
soup is sure to become a family favorite.
and Vegetable Soup
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can Italian-style tomatoes,
with juice and crushed
- 6 carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to
- Additional freshly grated Parmesan for
- Combine ground beef, fresh bread crumbs,
grated Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon parsley, 1
teaspoon dried oregano and 1 teaspoon salt in large bowl and
blend well. Using moistened hands,
shape mixture into 1-inch diameter meatballs.
- Bring broth to boil in heavy large Dutch
oven over high heat. Drop in meatballs and cook 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, onions,
garlic, dried thyme and basil. Reduce heat
to medium. Simmer soup uncovered until meatballs and vegetables
are cooked through and tender, about
40 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls and pass additional
Serves 4 to 6.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.