Moroccan Turkey Stew
A hearty, flavorful Moroccan-style turkey and vegetable stew served over warm couscous.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large sweet potato, peeled, cut into chunks
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup peeled sliced carrots
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups water
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2 cup raisins
2 cups couscous, uncooked
2 cups chopped leftover cooked Butterball® Turkey
1/4 cup shelled chopped pistachios
- Heat oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add sweet potatoes, onions, carrots and garlic; stir. Cook 6 minutes, or until onions are tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in cumin, ginger, cinnamon and salt. Cook 1 minute.
- Stir in water, undrained tomatoes and raisins. Bring to boil. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 25 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook couscous according to package directions. Cover to keep warm.
- Add turkey to vegetable mixture. Cook 5 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve stew spooned over the couscous. Sprinkle with pistachios.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories 147; Fat 8g; Cholesterol 4; Protein 4g; Saturated Fat 1g; Trans Fat 0g; Sodium 191mg; Carbohydrates 18g; Sugar 9g; Iron 0%; Fiber 0%; Calcium 0%.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Butterball, LLC.