Paprika Pork Stew
Satisfy your family's hunger with this hearty pork stew. Complete the meal with fresh bread and a salad.
1 pound boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sweet paprika
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
1 medium onion, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
4 small red new potatoes, quartered
2 tablespoons water
1/2 cup nonfat sour cream or plain yogurt
- Combine flour, paprika and salt; mix well. Dredge pork in flour mixture. Reserve excess flour mixture.
- Brown pork in oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven. Pour off drippings. Add 1/2 cup water and onion, cover tightly and cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes and continue cooking, covered, 20 to 30 minutes or until pork and potatoes are tender.
- Combine reserved flour with 2 tablespoons water; stir into pork mixture and cook until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.