Parsley Cream Soup
An elegant purée of parsleyed cream of potato soup.
2 tablespoons butter
2 onions, sliced
2 celery ribs, sliced
4 potatoes, peeled and diced
5 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
2 cups heavy cream
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add sliced onions and thinly sliced celery ribs; sauté over low heat until the vegetables are tender.
- Add diced potatoes and chicken broth; mix well. Cook at a slow simmer until the potatoes are soft.
- Add parsley and simmer for 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat and cool slightly. Purée in a blender or food processor with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving stir in cream.
Makes 6 servings.