Ramen Soup Plus
Now here is a quick and delicious way to boost the nutrition of a simple bowl of ramen soup! Eggs are all-natural, and one egg has lots of vitamins and minerals—all for 70 calories. The protein in eggs is the highest-quality protein found in any food.
1 package ramen soup mix
1 large California Fresh Egg
1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Prepare soup according to package directions.
- Break egg into small bowl and scramble. After adding seasoning packet to soup, add egg while stirring. Cook for one more minute.
- Top with diced green onion.
Makes 2 servings.
- To make this taste like Thai soup, add a squeeze of lime juice and a touch of garlic-chili paste.
- Just before taking off heat, add raw spinach leaves and swirl. They will wilt in about 30 seconds and add a delicious flavor and texture to the soup.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/2 of recipe): Calories 228, Protein 7 g., Carbohydrates 26.5 g., Fiber 1 g., Total Fat 10.5 g., Sat. Fat 4.7 g., Cholesterol 106 mg., Sodium 932 mg., Calcium 14.5 mg., Iron 1.6 mg.
Recipe provided courtesy of Chino Valley Ranchers.