Savory Cheese Soup
Stir this soup up quick and easy vegetable with frozen mixed vegetables and smooth, cheddar cold pack cheese.
1 (16-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
1 (10.75-ounce) can chicken broth
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 (8-ounce) container Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar Cold Pack cheese
- In 3 quart saucepan, combine water, bouillon cubes, onion, celery, carrot and broccoli. Bring to a boil; reduce and heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in 1 to 2 quart saucepan. Stir in flour; cook over low heat 2 minutes.
- Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir until mixture begins to thicken.
- Add cheese, stir until melted.
- Stir cheese mixture into simmering vegetable mixture. Season with pepper. Do not boil.
- Soup can be reheated over low heat.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.