Soup Noodles with Chicken
Chinese rice noodle soup with chicken, onion, cabbage and bamboo shoots.
1/4 pound rice noodles
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
3 cups chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon peanut oil
1 green chopped onion
1 cup shredded cabbage
1/2 cup sliced bamboo shoots
- Prepare rice noodles according to the package directions. Drain and arrange in a serving bowl.
- Boil chicken breast until tender; drain and shred.
- Heat chicken broth in a saucepan with salt, and sugar. Add rice vinegar; set aside.
- Add peanut oil to a hot wok. When just smoking, add chopped green onion, shredded cabbage, sliced bamboo shoots, and the reserved chicken; stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Pour over the noodles and serve with the reserved broth.
Makes 4 servings.