Spiced Carrot Soup
Packed with spices and nutrients, this creamy chilled soup will enhance the beginning of any meal.
1 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
3 1/2 cups chicken broth
4 cups sliced peeled carrots
1 cup sliced celery
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 bay leaf
1 cup milk
1 cup cottage cheese
- Coat a heated saucepan with vegetable cooking spray and add onion and curry. Sauté for 3 minutes to soften.
- Add chicken broth, carrots, celery, cumin, hot pepper sauce and bay leaf. Simmer for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat; discard bay leaf. Let cool.
- Process in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add milk and cottage cheese and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate. Serve in chilled bowls.
Makes 6 servings.