Chili made from holiday turkey leftovers.
1 bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 large onions, chopped
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (14-ounce) can chicken stock
1/2 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
1 can puréed tomatoes
Leftover cooked turkey (as much as you would like to use)
1 cup beans
- Sauté bell pepper, garlic, and onion in Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Season with chili powder, ground cumin, oregano and ground cinnamon.
- Add chicken stock, tomato paste and puréed tomatoes.
- Cook cover for 15 minutes.
- Pull apart as much leftover turkey as you would like and add the meat to the sauce.
- Now add 1 cup of beans, drained and rinsed.
- Cover loosely and simmer the chili for 45 minutes to an hour.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.