Twice-Baked Potato Soup
This soup can be prepared in under an hour and is sure to please friends and family. Serve with endive and sliced pear salad with lemon mustard vinaigrette sprinkled with crumbled blue cheese.
6 large potatoes
2 tablespoons butter
1 small sweet onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
5 cups Swanson Chicken Broth
1/4 cup light cream
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
Assorted Toppers: Cooked crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese and/or sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Prick the potatoes with a fork. Bake for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Remove the potatoes to a bowl and cover the bowl. Let the potatoes stand for 10 minutes. Remove the skin from the potatoes and mash the pulp.
- Heat the butter in a 3-quart saucepan. Add the onion and cook until it's tender. Stir in the broth and 5 cups potato pulp.
- Place 1/3 of the broth mixture into a blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into a medium bowl. Repeat the blending process twice more with the remaining broth mixture. Return all of the puréed mixture to the saucepan. Stir in the cream and chives and cook for 5 minutes or until the mixture is hot. Season as desired.
- Spoon 1/4 cup remaining potato pulp into each of 8 serving bowls. Divide the broth mixture among the bowls. Serve with one or more Assorted Toppers.
Makes 8 servings.
Time-Saving Tip: Microwave the potatoes on HIGH for 10 to 12 minutes or until they're fork-tender.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of www.SwansonBroth.com and www.CampbellsKitchen.com; through ARAcontent.