Winter Roasted Vegetable Soup
Don't let frosty temperatures get you down. Warm up with a bowl of this flavorful soup. Made with a purée of roasted vegetables and sprinkled with roasted pepitas, this recipe is a sure-fire way to heat things up this winter.
1 small (about 2 pounds) butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
3 cups (1 large) peeled and very coarsely chopped sweet potato
1 cup (1 large) peeled and thickly sliced parsnip
1 cup (1 medium) thickly sliced leek (white and pale green parts only)
3 large cloves garlic, peeled
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
3 cups water - divided use
1 (12-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat-Free Milk
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage
Roasted pepitas (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line shallow roasting pan with foil.
- Place squash, sweet potato, parsnip, leek and garlic in pan; drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with bouillon; toss to coat.
- Bake for 15 minutes; stir. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Purée half of roasted vegetables with about 1 1/2 cups water in food processor or blender; cover and process until smooth or until desired consistency. Add more water as needed for processing. Pour into large saucepan. Repeat with remaining vegetables and remaining water.
- Stir in evaporated milk, crushed red pepper and sage. Heat over medium-high heat until heated through. Serve with pepitas sprinkled over top.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 310 Calories from Fat: 70 Total Fat: 7 g Saturated Fat: 1 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 640 mg Carbohydrates: 54 g Dietary Fiber: 8 g Sugars: 21 g Protein: 10 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.