Directions for Maine Lobster:
1. Drop a live lobster into a
large pot of heavily salted water. While the water comes to a
boil, cut the rubber bands off the lobster claws.
2. Cook the lobster for about
7 minutes for the first pound and 3 minutes for each pound after.
Remove them from the pot and submerge them in an ice bath so
they don't overcook and become tough.
3. Make sure that the Lobster's
tail is curled (which means it is safe to eat). After the lobster
is cool enough to handle you can start to take it apart.
4. Twist the tail apart from
the body. Twist off the claws. Use a nutcracker or knife to release
the meat in the claws. To remove the meat from the tail, remove
the legs and cut along the underside of the tail with pair of
5. Use a lobster pick to find
extra meat in the legs and body cavity.
Directions for Rock Lobster
1. Preheat the grill to medium
2. Place the tails on the grill
for about 4 minutes and then turn and cook for about 2 minutes
3. Stand the tails on end and
cook for 2 minutes longer. Remove from the grill.
4. Cut the tail end off and cut
along the underside with a pair of kitchen shears to release
5. Slice the meat on a bias and
fan out on a plate. Serve with a side of melted butter.