Asian Barbecue Turkey Thighs
Recipe courtesy of the National Turkey Federation.
3/4 cup plain barbecue sauce
1/4 cup sliced green onions, white and green parts
3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, peeled and minced
2 pounds turkey thighs, skinned and excess fat removed
- Combine barbecue sauce, onions, soy sauce, sesame seeds, garlic and ginger. Remove 1/3 cup, cover and refrigerate.
- Pierce holes in thighs using tines of fork.
- In self-closing plastic bag combine thighs and remaining marinade. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally to marinate evenly.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat cooking.
- Cook thighs over medium heat 25 to 30 minutes per side until food thermometer, inserted in thickest portion of thigh, registers 180°F (82.2°C).
- During last 10 minutes of cooking, brush with reserved marinade.
- Serve hot with favorite rice dish and a vegetable, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe):Calories: 231; Total Fat: 8g; Cholesterol: 97mg; Total Carbs: 9g; Protein: 28g; Sodium: 937mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the National Turkey Federation.